The Week is Half Over Let's Celebrate!
White: Sebastiani Sonoma Chardonnay 2010. This is a very good value for a nice midweek wine. It also has enough flavor to complement the complexity of the pork.
Red: Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel 2010. I love this wine. When I drink it I experience cloves which I think will perfectly complement the pork.
Mimi's Shopping List
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 bunch tarragon
1 bunch rosemary
1 small red onion
1 head garlic
1 1/2 lb small red potatoes
2 pork tenderloins
8 oz cream cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
light brown sugar
Organization and Other Thoughts
- Check your pantry. Do you already have: butter, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, an onion, cayenne pepper?
- When I buy green beans, they are usually loose in a bin. I just take one handful per person and I usually end up with just the right amount.
- Try to find small red potatoes that don't have a lot of "eyes" and other flaws.
- Regular or whipped cream cheese is fine.
- Smooth dijon mustard is preferable in this recipe
- You don't have to buy a separate bottle of white wine. The recipe calls for a very small amount so you can use the wine you are drinking with dinner.
Everyday Divas Celebrations
with Mimi and Sue
What to Eat Wednesdays