The Week is Half Over Let's Celebrate!
White: King Estate Signature Collection Pinot Gris 2011 this wine has a nice balance of fruit and citrus that I think would go really nicely with the salmon and pistachios.
Red: I really prefer red wine with salmon and the Guigal 2009 Côtes du Rhone Rouge for me is a perfect complement. I am certain that some would not agree that such a full bodied wine with fruit and berry overtones should be paired with salmon but, I like it. And we always say drink what you love.
1 small head red cabbage
1 small head of savoy cabbage
1 red apple
1 granny smith apple
2 6 oz salmon fillets
1 8 oz container vanilla yogurt
extra virgin olive oil
1 box acini de pepe pasta
chocolate syrup (optional)
white wine vinegar
Organization and Other Thoughts
- Check your pantry. Do you already have: butter, extra virgin olive oil, a shallot, lemons other grocery items?
- We recommend 6 - 8 oz portions and that you ask them to remove the skin.
- If you are concerned about fat content, you can use 1% milk and low fat yogurt.
- The smooth dijon mustard without the seeds is preferable in this recipe.
- The chocolate syrup is optional. If you decide to use it just buy the one you like the best.
- Although the list calls for mayonnaise, I prefer Miracle Whip salad dressing. Use whatever you prefer.
Everyday Divas Celebrations
with Mimi and Sue
What to Eat Wednesdays