White: Michel Lynch Sauvignon Blanc 2011. This wine is an amazing value and it's flavor and body will stand up to the pungency of feta cheese and spinach.
Red: If red wine is your preference, then I suggest a beaujolais villages which will nicely complement the feta cheese.
Mimi's Shopping List
1 10 oz package frozen spinach
1 medium yellow onion
1 medium fennel bulb
1 small red onion
1/4 lb black pitted kalamata olives
1 head garlic
1 bunch of dill
1 pt fresh raspberries
Extra virgin olive oil
12 oz package frozen raspberries
The Week is Half Over Let's Celebrate!
Organization and Other Thoughts
- Check your pantry. Do you already have: butter, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, an onion, lemons frozen spinach?
- If you are making this for two people you will have left over spinach stuffing. You can just bake the extra in a glass baking dish at the same time you bake the garlic pita bread and serve it with the rest of the meal.
- You should buy fresh olives do not substitute canned olives for this salad. Canned olives would give it a completely different flavor and texture.
- Assume one 6 to 8 oz fillet per person. You could use fillet of lemon sole or flounder fillets for this recipe. Whatever you prefer is fine. The one fillet that you don't want to use is tilapia.
- We recommend that you use whole milk feta cheese. If you try to substitute with a lower fat content you will lose flavor and the texture becomes grainy when baked.
- Cheese cloth can be found in most major grocery stores. Just ask someone where it is. When you use it don't just use one layer, fold it over a couple of times because it is very fine.
Everyday Divas Celebrations
with Mimi and Sue
What to Eat Wednesdays