White Wine: I'm not sure that I would drink white wine with this meal. However, if you only like white wine, why not experiment a little. I've recently been experimenting with Michel Lynch Sauvignon Blanc 2011. The pasta has sweet overtones so you are going to want a light, crisp wine that doesn't have overpowering fruitiness. This wine is a good match.
Red Wine: If you are a red wine drinker, I'd suggest you experiment with a Chianti, again, you want to balance the sweetness of the meal. I'm not going to pinpoint a particular Chianti. The only thing I will say is you don't need to "break the bank" to get a nice chianti that will complement this pasta.
1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 2 orange pepper
2 large vidalia onion
1 head fresh garlic
1 bunch fresh basil
1 5 oz package baby arugula
1 5 oz package baby green herb mix
1 pt vanilla ice cream
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
1 box Barilla spaghetti
Bread -- your choice
1 bar dark Perugina or Ghiradelli chocolate
Red or white wine
The Week is Half Over Let's Celebrate!
Organization and Other Thoughts
- Check your pantry. Do you already have: fresh garlic, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, butter?
- You can buy everything on this list (except the basil) on Monday.
- Do not substitute green peppers in this recipe. You will not be happy. It alters the sweetness of the dish.
- Buy the largest peppers and onion you can find to make sure you have enough vegetables to balance the pasta.
- You can use 2 of any color it doesn't have to be orange, I just like the orange peppers.
- Do not substitute fresh grated parmigiano reggiano with store bought grated cheese.
- You should buy your favorite bread but we think olive bread or (Sue's favorite) sun-dried tomato foccacia would be a great complement to the pasta.
- The chocolate should be at least 60% cocoa.
Sue's Wine Thought
Can I just tell you how tickled I am that Mimi didn't recommend her favorite Montepulciano d'Abruzzo again? Come on, we gotta live a little here!
Everyday Divas Celebrations
with Mimi and Sue
What to Eat Wednesdays