Cain Concept 2001: This wine is really special to us. My husband, stepson and I visited the Cain Vineyards in 2010. The whole experience was so memorable. First, the venue is spectacular. Also, the woman who hosted the tasting was remarkably entertaining while taking the wine very seriously. She told us that when someone calls to make a reservation for a tasting she'll ask how they chose Cain. If she is not satisfied with the response, she doesn't accept the reservation. A year earlier, I had said I thought the vineyard was beautiful and was hoping to visit. I was told they were closed on the day I was requested. HA!! Maybe I said the wrong thing. In any case, we loved our visit and purchased this and a few other selections. The first sip of wine during our Wednesday celebration brought back a rush of great memories. My stepson exclaimed: "I love this wine".
We'd recommend any full bodied cabernet sauvignon with this meal. Pick a wine that you really love and you know will bring back happy memories!
Mimi's Shopping List
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
2 bunches cilantro
1 head of garlic
1 pt grape tomatoes
1 seedless cucumber
1 avocado (optional)
1 pt vanilla ice cream
2 pork tenderloins
Extra virgin olive oil
Long grain white rice (optional)
1 15 oz can red beans
1 32 oz container chicken stock
8 oz orange juice
Light brown sugar
Bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
The Week is Half Over Let's Celebrate!
Organization and Other Thoughts
- Check your pantry. Do you already have: fresh garlic, extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon, light brown sugar?
- You can buy everything on this list on Monday or Tuesday.
- I have two limes on the list just to make sure you have enough juice.
- A seedless cucumber is also called an English cucumber or a hot house cucumber.
- The avocado is optional because you may not want to make the effort to find a ripe one and then properly cut it up. Sue has an alternative recommendation of purchasing guacamole. Great suggestion! Remember how to buy an avocado. The color should be evenly dark but not black and the avocado should "give" a little when you squeeze it in your palm. It should not be mushy or as hard as a rock.
- Buy bananas that are firm, not at all bruised.
- 2 pork tenderloins is about 2 lbs of meat. Don't worry if you have left over, it reheats easily in the microwave.
- Sue recommends substituting Success Rice. I think she is spot on. Rice can be challenging to get "just right", however, Success Rice is "just right" everytime if you follow the instructions.
- Notice that any orange juice is fine. For once, we are not recommending freshly squeezed!
Everyday Divas Celebrations
with Mimi and Sue
What to Eat Wednesdays